What is a Dental Exam?
Regular dental exams, also known as oral exams, are essential for your smile, and they help keep your entire body healthy and happy. It helps you to practice good oral hygiene and minimize the possibility of potential dental problems. Regular exams also catch any existing dental issues and diseases early on, preventing bigger problems down the road.
Why are Dental Exams Important?
An oral exam can help detect gum disease and oral cancer, and diagnose the need for fillings, root canals, orthodontics, and other treatments. To be thorough, oral exams typically need the additional information that can be shown with x-rays. Those bigger problems, such as infections, cavities and gum disease, don’t just impact your mouth. Studies have linked gum disease with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, dementia and more.
Periodic Dental Checkups
Dental checkups generally include an oral exam, x-rays, and a simple cleaning. However, the exam and x-rays will also show if any additional treatment is needed, such as fillings for cavities, root canals, or a deep cleaning. Depending on the structure and condition of your mouth, teeth, gums, and jaw, treatments like braces, dentures, or implants may be recommended to correct existing issues or prevent potential future issues.
Find A Dentist Near You
- Access Dental of Austin – East 7th
- Access Dental of Austin – Ed Bluestein
- Access Dental of Austin – Rundberg
- Access Dental of Austin – William Cannon
- Access Dental of Beaumont
- Access Dental of Corpus Christi – Ayers
- Access Dental of Corpus Christi – Kostoryz
- Access Dental of Corpus Christi – Leopard
- Access Dental of Edinburg
- Access Dental of El Paso – North Loop
- Access Dental of El Paso – Trawood
- Access Dental of McAllen
- Access Dental of Port Arthur
- Access Dental of Raymondville
- Access Dental of Weslaco
- Access Dental of Wichita Falls – Kemp
- Access Dental of Wichita Falls – La Casa
- Harlingen Family Dentistry